This is the personal website of Simon Vibert. The purpose of this website is to put together teaching and sermon resources which I have written/spoken for free download. They are no where near as vast, incisive or extensive as Simeon, but, they are modest resources for a modern age! My blog is linked with this site and includes comment on contemporary issues, my travel, Christian responses to the “The Shack”, Rob Bell, X Factor and Robbie Williams, Wycliffe Hall, thoughts on Preaching new post on recent challenges in Church of England Theological Training, please see: http://metamorphe.wordpress.com/ etc.
We preach, not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord and ourselves as your servants for Jesus’ sake. (2 Corinthians 4:5). What a great verse! I love it because it does just what Charles Simeon longed to do whenever he entered the pulpit: “To humble the penitent, to exalt the Saviour and to promote holiness.” Simeon is best known for his long service in the University Church, Holy Trinity Cambridge. When he died in 1836, he had written 12,536 skeletal outlines of expository sermons preached from the Bible. If there was a secret to his ongoing influence among younger preachers, it was surely this life conviction about the purpose of preaching.
I teach Homiletics (Preaching) and Leadership and am Vice Principal at Wycliffe Hall, an Evangelical theological college which is part of the University of Oxford. See “what tools should new preachers invest in”
- Till Death us do Part. The Solemnization of Matrimony in the Book of Common Prayer. Latimer Trust, 2014. See here for Latimer Trust resources.
- Stress. The Path to Peace. IVP, 2014; reviews and purchase available UK here; USA here; PowerPoint slides; Handout including Holmes and Rahe Stress Scale measurement of “Life Change Units”; web-broadcast here
- Sample Sermon (preached at St Leonard’s Eynsham, 20th Nov 2011) with audio and preacher’s notes to show working.
- John 18-19 at Adam Road Presbyterian Church in Singapore “Jesus Betrayed” and “From Doubt to Faith” in John 20:24-31
- Men’s Breakfast Talk on “21st Century Preaching – is preaching out of date?” at Christchurch Virginia Water.
- The most recent Wycliffe Hall Newsletter with details of new staff for 2012-2013 and vision for the academic year. Our new Prospectus. Details of 2015 Preaching Conference with Richard Pratt, Simon Vibert and others;
Book and related resources
Audio interview with Scott Oakland.
Commendations from Jonathan Fletcher, Greg Scharf and Paul Wells.
4 talks on themes from John’s Gospel 1. Characters Make Stories 2. Disciples: Seeing Jesus’ Glory 3. Nicodemus: A Religious Conservative is Challenged 4. Woman of Samaria: A Questioning Woman is Transformed
4 short video interviews on John’s Gospel.
Published in Anvil Spring 2009 Lives Jesus Changed.
The Diamond Marriage Christian Focus, published 2004. Christian Focus website
Other publications may be viewed here
Contact form or email